How to apply
The candidate is requested to strictly follow the instructions hereafter. Only applications containing pertinent documentation will be taken into consideration. The others will be rejected automatically.
- if you are or have been a NATO civilian, please indicate last grade and step held, and specify in which NATO body you are/were employed;
- if you are or have been employed as a civilian in one of the coordinated organisations, please indicate last grade and step held, and specify in which organisation you are/were employed;
- candidates must answer each question completely in English or in French (expressions such as: please see attached résumé (CV), please see annex, please see enclosed document etc… are not acceptable, this is a cause of immediate rejection of the application). Particular attention should be given to boxes 8a (secondary education), 8b (further education) and 15 (employment record, which should contain a summary of work and for which, if necessary, continuation sheets can be added). A maximum of only four additional sheets of supporting information may be attached to the application, and should include at least a copy of the certificate covering the highest level of education required by the Job Description as well as its translation in English or French;
- applications, using the official SHAPE application form (applications from other NATO Agencies and subordinate Headquarters are acceptable) quoting the post title & vacancy number as well as copies of certificates covering the highest level of education required by the job description (translated in English or French) can be submitted either:
- by normal mail (not registered):
In quadruplicate to the Civilian HRM Recruitment Section, Human Resources Management Directorate, Bldg 102, Room 223, B-7010 SHAPE, Belgium no later than the closing date in order to be considered; or
- by e-mail:
- to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date in order to be considered.
- the application form and its supporting documents (i.e. continuation sheets and copies of certificates) must be sent as a single word document. The documentation should not be attached to an Internet link i.e. Personnel website.
- If necessary you will be requested to supply documentary evidence in support of the statements you make in your application. Do not, however, send any additional documentation (such as certificates of other education/training, evaluation sheets, job descriptions, letters of appreciation/recommendation etc…) until you have been asked to do so by SHAPE, Recruitment Office and, in any event do not submit the original texts of references or testimonials unless they have been obtained for the sole use of SHAPE Recruitment Office.
- Only nationals from the 28 member states can apply for vacancies at SHAPE. The member states are: Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom and United States of America.