The International Senior Enlisted Seminar 2012 (ISES 2012) will be held 5 to 13 September 2012 at the George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. Participants will gain a better understanding of career paths, education & training systems, performance evaluation methods and formal mentorship programs for NCOs. The following topics are a sample of the key focus areas for ISES 2012:
- NATO Missions and On-going operations.
- ISAF current operations & the Post-2014 Operating Environment.
- NATO command structure reform.
- NATO’s bi-strategic command NCO strategy and recommend guidelines.
- NATO Training Mission – Afghanistan.
- Defense reform: Building professional militaries best practices.
- NATO school NCO program developments.
- Joint multinational readiness & training events.
- Swiss armed forces international NCO courses.
- Multi-national perspective on combat stress.
- US European Command (USEUCOM) state partnership program.
Developing a professional Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) Corps is a primary goal of many European countries and is recognized by NATO and US strategists as a paramount step towards the civil-military reform measures that have been underway in these countries since the early 1990s. The objective of ISES 2012 is to broaden the professional development of key Senior Enlisted Leaders through exposure to a wide array of relevant strategic topics impacting NATO and its member nations and the USEUCOM area of operations. The seminar also seeks to develop and enhance the skills necessary for these key leaders to serve within their national command structure and in multinational settings including the highest levels of the NATO military command structure.
2012 marks the ninth year for this highly successful annual seminar bringing together Chief of Defense (CHOD) level Senior Enlisted Leaders. ISES 2012 will, for the first time, expand to include participation of the 22 National Guard Bureau Command Sergeants Major/Command Chief Master Sergeants from the United States National Guard Bureau’s USEUCOM-affiliated State Partnership Program. This will enhance the relationships already established between the CHODs and The Adjutants General for each participating state, as well as promote professional development and mentorship opportunities between these key Senior Enlisted Leaders.
Office of the Supreme Allied Commander, Europe
Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe
ATTN: Allied Command Operations, Senior Enlisted Leader
B-7010 SHAPE, Belgium
Phone: +32 6544 2608